The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an independent United States government agency. The FCC was established by the Communications Act of 1934 and is responsible for regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable.

Who Needs A License?

You need a License when operating a transmitter that as an RF output of over 50 milliwatts. Nearly every business using two-way radios fits into this category. There are some exceptions to this rule. For example, you do not need a license when operating walkie-talkies, using a cell phone, or if your are renting or using airtime from radio operator on a legal system. But be aware, if you are operating without a license you could be hit with fines up to $12,000 a day!

Let Radioland handle all of the necessary paperwork for you! We prepare all the documentation needed and will submit everything on your behalf. Call us and we’ll make you legal!

Email our Service Department or call (502) 589-4214 for more information.